TAAAC offers a sick leave bank for all Unit 1 employees. The four-member approval committee meets on alternate Mondays throughout the school year and as needed in the summer months.
Here are the Basics:
- New educators must enroll in their first 30 days of employment otherwise they must wait for the next open enrollment period.
- Enrollment requires the donation of one day of personal sick leave per year and rolls over automatically into subsequent years unless the enrollee cancels in writing by June 30.
- The annual open enrollment period is between July 1 and September 30.
- Grants are made available for qualifying illness and injury for up to 100 days per occurrence per year, but in blocks no more than 20 days.
- Grants are not made until the applicant has been absence due to the qualifying illness or injury for ten consecutive days.
- Grants are made only to applicants who have exhausted all personal sick leave. Twelve month employees must also exhaust all but 6 annual leave days.
- Grant application must be received at the TAAAC office within 30 days of the first unpaid work day.
- Enrollees are ineligible for grants within their first 30 days of enrollment.
- Enrollees with pre-existing conditions are eligible to join. A pre-existing condition is any condition for which the enrollee has been treated within 90 days prior to enrollment.
- Enrollees with pre-existing conditions are ineligible for a grant for that condition for one year or until he or she has been treatment free for 90 days.
For more information on the SLB or to obtain a grant application packet, please call 410-224-3330.