Please note: Our PAC is referred to as the "Fund for Children and Public Education", and will appear in your payroll deductions as "CHILD FUND".
By getting involved in upcoming races!
In 2024, Anne Arundel County will elect new members of the Board of Education. Save the date for upcoming Government Relations Committee meetings, phone banks, and more:
- November 6, 2023: GR Committee Meeting (followed tentatively by a Lobby Night at the County Council)
- December 4, 2023: GR Committee Meeting
- January 6, 2024: Tentative Date for annual Legislative Happy Hour
- January 9, 2024: GR Committee Meeting at Old Mill High School, followed by the Board of Education Budget Hearing
- January 22, 2024: Lobby Night
- January 29, 2024: Lobby Night
- February 5, 2024: GR Committee Meeting followed by Lobby Night
- February 12, 2024: Lobby Night
- February 13, 2024: Phone Bank for District 1
- February 26, 2024: Lobby Night
- February 27, 2024: Phone Bank for District 2
- March 4, 2024: GR Committee Meeting followed by Lobby Night
- March 11, 2024: Lobby Night
- March 12, 2024: Phone Bank for District 3
- March 18, 2024: Lobby Night
- March 19, 2024: Phone Bank for District 4
- April 2, 2024: Phone Bank for District 5
- April 6, 2024: Door knocking
- April 8, 2024: GR Committee Meeting
- April 13, 2024: Door knocking
- April 16, 2024: Phone Bank for District 6
- April 20, 2024: Door knocking
- April 27, 2024: Door knocking
- May 4, 2024: Door knocking
- May 6, 2024: GR Committee Meeting
- May 7, 2024: Phone Bank for District 7
- May 11, 2024: Door knocking
- May 14, 2024: Apple Ballots on Primary Day
- June 3, 2024: GR Committee Meeting
Apple Ballot Testimonials
"Everyone's been nice and smiling. They are taking those apple ballots!!!"
"It went great! Handed out all the apple ballots and most people were receptive/supportive."
"Passing out the ballots went well. Most of the people I approached took the ballot. I was really amazed that one of the candidates whose name was on the Apple Ballot was there passing our her brochures with me!"
"It went well. About 75% of people took the ballot. I have no idea if they used it, but everyone was cordial event the ones that didn't want it."
"I really didn't want to leave because I felt it was effective. Several people thanked me for the tool after they voted."
APPLE BALLOT Sign Up
Each election season, we have educators come out to provide the public with teacher-recommended candidates. The Apple Ballot is popular among members and the general public. A link will be available HERE for the general election in 2024.
Phone Banking/ Canvassing Opportunities
Speaking to voters is a valuable way to inform the community about pro-public education, TAAAC-endorsed candidates. During the election cycle, we put together teams to go door to door to distribute information.
When opportunities are available, they will be added to this page and our events page!
Make a plan to vote
MAKE SURE YOU’RE REGISTERED!
REQUEST OR TRACK A MAIL-IN BALLOT
PREVIEW YOUR BALLOT
FIND YOUR POLLING PLACE AND CHECK YOUR DEADLINE
HELP SPREAD THE WORD
Some content on this page is a duplication from NEA’s EdVotes.org/vote