What is TAAAC?
Your Membership in TAAAC / MSEA / NEA provides you with more than just a membership card.
Empowered Educators, Successful Students, Connected Communities
An Organization of Educators
Representing all educators in Anne Arundel County Public Schools, TAAAC represents 6,000+ individuals. Of those, approximately 6,200 are dues paying members.
Governed by the Members
Unified with State and National
TAAAC, The Maryland State Education Association (MSEA) and the National Education Association (NEA) are all part of one professional organization. MSEA and NEA provide services and benefits and revenue to TAAAC. The Teachers Association of Anne Arundel County members are elected to positions which govern MSEA and NEA. There are approximately 74,000 MSEA members and 3.2 million NEA members.
TAAAC negotiates a Master Agreement with Anne Arundel County Public Schools that provides educators with rights that include working conditions and benefits. The educators’ salary schedule is part of this Agreement.
Programs That Provide Protection
Our Sick Leave Bank is a program that will help when severe illness or accidents occur.
TAAAC has extensive offerings of insurance, tax sheltered annuities, discount buying packages, special services, discount legal services, income protection, and home rental and mortgage programs.
TAAAC Action Report, MSEA Action Line, and NEA TODAY are some of the regular publications. Flyers, electronic updates, and text messages also keep our members informed. The TAAAC President also sends out a weekly email to members.
TAAAC works to keep the community and the media informed on educational issues. The TAAAC President serves as the spokesperson representing the educators’ point-of-view to the school board, the chamber, the politicians, the parent groups, the business leaders, and other community organizations.
TAAAC’s political action program includes recommendation for support and campaign assistance for friends of education, legislative lobbying for pro-education laws, and lobbying for education funding. TAAAC and MSEA are working to get legislation passed that will improve educator pension benefits.
A Locally Located Full-Time Office
A full-time President, an Executive Director, and three professional staff serve the members’ needs. educator volunteers serve on a variety of committees. Secretarial and professional staff are available to answer calls and keep TAAAC services operating.
WHY JOIN TAAAC / MSEA / NEA?
Your Membership provides you with more than just a membership card.
THIS LIST GROWS EACH YEAR, AS NEW PROGRAMS ARE ADDED.
Over 85% of Anne Arundel County Unit I employees are already taking advantage of these services. Are you one of them?
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS:
- Monthly publications that bring you the news and the new ideas
- Lobbying on local, state, and national levels for excellence in education
- Support and strength of 3.2 million NEA members, 74,000 MSEA members, and 6,200 TAAAC members
- Assistance from our professional UniServ Staff
- Conferences, workshops, and seminars
- Effective political action to support friends of education and education employees
- NEA professional library materials
- A comprehensive legal services plan
- Attorney Referral Services
- Discount buying opportunities for prescriptions, vitamins, credit cards, books, travel, and car rentals
- Automobile purchase discounts
- Assistance and support in crisis
- Direct representation in establishing
TAAAC/MSEA/NEA POLICIES AND POSITIONS
- Grievance and appeal representation
- Information to help members choose tax deferred annuities
- Representation in Contract Negotiations
- Public and media relation programs to improve the image of public education
- Sick Leave Bank Administration
- Leadership Training
- Special Services, discount books
- Notary Services
- Income tax preparation services at competitive rates
- Housing Services
- TAAAC Tutor Pool
- $15,000 Complimentary Term Life Insurance
- $1 million liability insurance
- NEA group life insurance
- $250 personal property insurance if assaulted by a student
- NEA sponsored insurance – homeowners, disability, supplemental health, auto, accidental death and dismemberment, etc.