Sick Leave Bank
TAAAC offers a sick leave bank for all Unit 1 employees. The four-member approval committee meets on alternate Mondays throughout the school year and as needed in the summer months. New rules and procedures have just been negotiated will be posted here in their entirety following ratification.
HERE ARE THE BASICS:
- New educators must enroll in their first 30 days of employment otherwise they must wait for the next open enrollment period.
- Enrollment requires the donation of one day of personal sick leave per year and rolls over automatically into subsequent years unless the enrollee cancels in writing by June 1.
- The annual open enrollment period is between July 1 and September 30.
- Grants are made available for qualifying illness and injury for up to 100 days per occurrence per year, but in blocks no more than 20 days.
- Grants are not made until the applicant has been absence due to the qualifying illness or injury for ten consecutive days.
- Grants are made only to applicants who have exhausted all personal sick leave. Twelve month employees must also exhaust all but 6 annual leave days.
- Grant application must be received at the TAAAC office within 30 days of the first unpaid work day.
- Enrollees are ineligible for grants within their first 30 days of enrollment.
- Enrollees with pre-existing conditions are eligible to join. A pre-existing condition is any condition for which the enrollee has been treated within 90 days prior to enrollment.
- Enrollees with pre-existing conditions are ineligible for a grant for that condition for one year or until he or she has been treatment free for 90 days.
For more information on the SLB or to obtain a grant application packet, please call 410-224-3330.
(Download, Print and Mail-in)