A Word from our Executive Director
- Marijuana use: Currently, “Maryland law does not prevent an employer from testing for use of cannabis (for any reason) or taking action against an employee who tests positive for use of cannabis (for any reason).” For the latest advice from MSEA’s legal counsel click here.
- Back-to-School Night/Evening Activities: Attendance at Back-to-School Night or one such similar evening activity as directed by the principal shall be required each year. This meeting shall not be considered part of the required workweek. Unit I employees shall be required to participate in one (1) additional evening activity of expected duration of three (3) hours or less, as directed by their supervisor. The additional evening activity shall be considered part of the required workweek. The additional evening activity and date shall be determined no later than ten (10) workdays after the commencement of each semester. Read more under Article 11(G).
- Class Coverage: If you are asked to cover a class or are assigned additional duties due to a vacancy or absence, review this MOU to determine if you are eligible for additional pay.
- Duty-Free Lunch: Scheduling in each school shall provide for a duty-free lunch period for each Unit I member of no less than twenty-five (25) minutes. Check your schedule to make sure you are able to take a full duty-free lunch period.
Take the Bargaining Survey
Are you concerned about student discipline? Do you want to advocate for a higher COLA? Our bargaining team needs to hear from you!
September Rep Assembly
We’re back for our monthly union meetings! Here are the details for the first RA of the school year:
- Date: Wednesday, September 13
- Time: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Severna Park Middle School
Join our Government Relations Committee
Are you concerned about upcoming Board of Education races? Do you want to know how to get involved with local politics as it relates to our public schools but don’t know where to start? Attend our GR committee meeting!
- When: Monday, September 11 at 5:00 p.m.
- Where: TAAAC Office or Virtual
Out of the Darkness Community Walk
Join the TAAAC team to raise funds for suicide prevention. To recognize National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month, the Community Involvement Committee is organizing a team to participate in the Out of the Darkness Walk in Annapolis.
- Date: Saturday, September 16
- Time: 9:00 a.m.
- Location: Navy Stadium, Annapolis
You scream, I scream, we all scream for donuts!
It’s that time of year again! I want to come visit you AND bring donuts! Whether you’re facing issues already around planning time or caseloads, or just want a friendly face, schedule a time for me to stop by.