Educators deserve a seat at the table when decisions are made about our workloads. AACPS leadership has refused to show educators respect at the bargaining table and is instead asking for three additional nights of uncompensated work at the bargaining table. So we’re taking action!
Starting Thursday, November 11, we are implementing a two-week work action to enforce our contract. Listen to the weekly video to learn more, and check out the links below for resources, email templates, and a timeline of actions!
- Enforce Our Contract Training | Learn about the action and take steps to lead in your building in whatever capacity members feel comfortable. RSVP here.
- Work Action Toolkit | We can take steps (big and small) to enforce our contract. We have email templates, FAQs for parents, and action items for community members. Click here.
- Class Action Grievance | Take a look at the numerous and ongoing violations by AACPS to our negotiated agreement. Already 20% of members have signed on to show how widespread these issues are in our county. Sign here.
Dates and Deadlines
- Attend the RA | All members are welcome to attend the November 10 Rep Assembly, which will include trainings and updates. The meeting is in person at Severna Park Middle School.
- Money for Educators | Do you want to buy a home but are unsure about grants and programs available to educators? Join MD Residential Experts on November 11!
- Nominations for TAAAC | Submit your name for a leadership position with TAAAC, MSEA, or NEA by December 14!