What is TAAAC?
Your Membership in TAAAC / MSEA / NEA provides you with more than just a membership card.
Empowered Educators, Successful Students, Connected Communities
An Organization of Educators
Governed by the Members
Unified with State and National
TAAAC, The Maryland State Education Association and the National Education Association are all part of one professional organization. MSEA and NEA provide services and benefits and revenue to TAAAC. The Teachers Association of Anne Arundel County members are elected to positions which govern MSEA and NEA. There are approximately 71,000 MSEA members and 3.2 million NEA members.
Programs That Provide Protection
Our Sick Leave Bank is a program that will help when severe illness or accidents occur.
TAAAC Action Report, News Notes, MSEA Action Line, the NEA TODAY and NOW are some of the regular publications. Flyers, electronic updates, and Hotline messages also keep our members informed.
A Locally Located Full-Time Office
WHY JOIN TAAAC / MSEA / NEA?
Your Membership provides you with more than just a membership card.
THIS LIST GROWS EACH YEAR, AS NEW PROGRAMS ARE ADDED.
Over 85% of Anne Arundel County Unit I employees are already taking advantage of these services. Are you one of them?
HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS:
- Monthly publications that bring you the news and the new ideas
- Lobbying on local, state, and national levels for excellence in education
- Support and strength of 3.2 million NEA members, 71,000 MSEA members, and 5,100 TAAAC members
- Assistance from our professional UniServ Staff
- Conferences, workshops, and seminars
- Effective political action to support friends of education and education employees
- NEA professional library materials
- A comprehensive legal services plan
- Attorney Referral Services
- Discount buying opportunities for prescriptions, vitamins, credit cards, books, travel, and car rentals
- Automobile purchase discounts
- Assistance and support in crisis
- Direct representation in establishing
TAAAC/MSEA/NEA POLICIES AND POSITIONS
- Grievance and appeal representation
- Information to help members choose tax deferred annuities
- Representation in Contract Negotiations
- Public and media relation programs to improve the image of public education
- Sick Leave Bank Administration
- Leadership Training
- Special Services, discount books
- Notary Services
- Income tax preparation services at competitive rates
- Housing Services
- TAAAC Tutor Pool
- $15,000 Complimentary Term Life Insurance
- $1 million liability insurance
- NEA group life insurance
- $250 personal property insurance if assaulted by a student
- NEA sponsored insurance – homeowners, disability, supplemental health, auto, accidental death and dismemberment, etc.