For those who may have missed the flyer or procrastinated in their response, TAAAC is providing another free retirement seminar for members specifically targeting those who may be considering retirement in the next five years.
Please RSVP soon if you know you’re going to attend. Walk-ins are welcome, but RSVP’s do help with the food and beverage order.
Understanding Your Retirement
Tuesday, October 16th
Old Mill HS Media Center
The seminar will be presented by Bill Bush, CRP®, Integrated Financial Solutions, Inc., 410-480-0007, www.ifsmd.net.
RSVP to Lisa Roberts at 1-877-225-4374 or listhornIFS@comcast.net.
REDUCTION IN WORK DAYS FOR UNIT 1 EMPLOYEES FOR SY2012-2013
1. The Board of Education and TAAAC ratified Amendments to the TAAAC Negotiated Agreement, including a two-day reduction of the number of duty days for all Unit 1 employees for SY2012-2013. The days selected are as follows:
- High School: October 19 and November 20, 2012.
- Middle and Elementary Schools: October 19, 2012 and January 28, 2013.
This means that all Unit 1 employees are not required to report to work or attend professional development training. However, employees may voluntarily choose to participate in training events, conferences, etc., both local and off-site. Since this is paid time off, additional professional development stipend pay is not authorized. For employees who choose to participate in approved training events that require travel, the normal reimbursement rules and past practice will apply.
2. Teachers are not required to call the substitute system to report their absences on the days indicated above.
3. This reduction in duty days as outlined above ONLY applies to Unit 1 employees. A similar reduction for other employee groups is under consideration but has not yet been formally approved by the Board. A decision is expected by the Board at its October 10th meeting.
Hopefully, this addresses most of your concerns about this issue. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your Supervisor or Oscar Davis, Director of Employee Relations.