Well, the last two days have been more exciting than we planned for… between a Brightspace outage, snow, and the end of the marking period, you all deserve a raise!
Watch my video above for important updates from our conversations with AACPS about additional time we are working to ensure you receive to get your work and planning done.
We also know a few things have been postponed because of the weather. Here’s a recap of the new dates:
- January 24: Rep Assembly at Arundel Middle (come to hear candidate speeches!)
- January 25: Board of Education Budget Hearing at Old Mill High
- February 7: District 7 Budget Hearing at Southern High
Keep reading for other updates, and what your Negotiations Team needs your help with to win that raise you deserve, starting with attending tonight’s budget hearing at Annapolis High!
A Word from our Executive Director
January Rep Assembly
With the weather last week, our Rep Assembly was postponed. RSVP for our new date: January 24. Come to hear from our local union candidates as well as candidates for MSEA and NEA positions.
- When: Wednesday, January 24 from 5-7 pm
- Where: NEW LOCATION: ARUNDEL MIDDLE
- RSVP: https://secure.ngpvan.com/WLKiD8ay7Uqgp0yOOi2urA2
Speak up at a Budget Hearing
The next Board of Education Budget hearing is on Thursday, January 25! As you can see from this picture, we had a pretty good turnout from a last-minute change to the Board room, but we want to see 100+ teachers at OMHS next week!
Come get a red t-shirt and advocate for a higher COLA. Join us ahead of time at Ellie’s for a happy hour!
It’s the time of year for union elections! Voting will open at 9 am on January 29 and close at 5 pm on February 16! Before voting opens, take these two actions:
- Find your MSEA ID#. You need this to vote. It will be in your personal email from [email protected] on the 29th, or your can check with your Building Rep, or call the TAAAC Office.
- Read up on the candidates! Click here for our election page, and to download a printable list of candidates from the TAAAC Action Report. You can hear from the candidates directly next week at the RA as well!
Lobby Nights with TAAAC
Do you care about lowering class size? Changing the school calendar? Protecting Special Ed jobs? Come speak with legislators every Monday until Spring break in Annapolis!
Hot Topic Collaborative
Join TAAAC’s Early Career Educator Committee for our Second Hot Topic Collaborative!
- When: January 30, 4:30-5:30 pm
- Where: Virtually!
- What: Student behaviors and discipline – join us to learn about your rights as a teacher in dealing with extreme student behaviors, what rights do your students have, and what actionable steps you can take to protect yourself and your students.
Donuts with Disney Bates
I want to visit you! Let me know when our team can visit your school with Donuts to hear about your successes, struggles, and how we can help support!