The Teachers Association of Anne Arundel County Foundation for Educational Excellence is pleased to announce scholarships to be awarded to students in the Anne Arundel County Public School System. Six scholarships will be one-time awards of $500 for the first year of college. Eligibility for one of these, the Robin Coleman Scholarship, requires a major in science and/or technology. Also, a seventh scholarship, a one-time book stipend of $300 will be awarded in memory of Samual and Bessie Chao.
TO QUALIFY AS AN APPLICANT, THE STUDENT MUST:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or a minimum SAT score of 1500 or ACT score of 20.
- Be attending a College/University in September 2013.
- Be graduating from an Anne Arundel County Public High School in June 2013.
- File a completed application by 5:00 PM, April 5, 2013.
- Include at least one letter of recommendation, but not more than three letters of recommendation, from a member of the Teachers Association of Anne Arundel County (TAAAC).
- Not be a relative of a member of the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Educational Excellence listed below
Ken Baughman, Susie C Jablinske Thomas J. Paolino, Betty M. Coleman, Bill Jones, Alva Sheppard-Johnson, David Britton, John R. Kurpjuweit, Jim Burns, Christine Davenport, Jane Lunney, Crystal Loetz, and Joseph Cooper.
- Include an official high school transcript through the end of the first semester of the senior year. SAT or ACT scores must be provided.
Note: Each section must be completed. Special consideration will be given to those students planning to pursue a career in education. A completedapplication accompanied by letter of recommendation, transcript, and SAT or ACT score information must be received in the TAAAC office by 5 PM on April 5, 2013. Postmark is irrelevant.